Author Topic: Delver's Drop Official Art - WIP  (Read 20410 times)

Doomspeaker

• Hidden Metalwright
  • Prism Seer
  • The meanest Dolphin you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
Re: Delver's Drop Official Art - WIP
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Compilation of questions from the chat & as always, decent work:

A map. We all saw it something, what will be marked on them map or maybe is it just a plain and simple room schematic?

What if I get more buffs than currently show? Where can I see what buffs do? What doe red, green and grey color mean here?

The Counter in the middle of the weapons is uses? The read circle around the katana means hat it's broken?

Is it now that shields are not really grouped like hearts anymore? That could make judging damage done a bit akward.

Shield items? Keep talking...

Zillie

• Whisper from the Spire's Depths
  • Delver's Drop - Early Access Players
  • Forgekeeper
  • (ZillieZephyr)
    • View Profile
    • visit Pixelscopic
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2014, 04:01:15 PM »
Something Baker and I have been working on.
UI / UX Design at Pixelscopic. As for now, the forum stuff hates me and keeps demoting me to Early Access instead of a Pixelscopic team member. Don't worry though—I'm a legitimate employee.

Zillie

• Forgekeeper
  • (ZillieZephyr)
    • View Profile
    • visit Pixelscopic
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »
Compilation of questions from the chat & as always, decent work:

A map. We all saw it something, what will be marked on them map or maybe is it just a plain and simple room schematic?

What if I get more buffs than currently show? Where can I see what buffs do? What doe red, green and grey color mean here?

The Counter in the middle of the weapons is uses? The read circle around the katana means hat it's broken?

Is it now that shields are not really grouped like hearts anymore? That could make judging damage done a bit awkward.

Shield items? Keep talking...

The map will be made up of general shapes that match up with the room's shapes. You'll only be able to see a few rooms away from you. Had the Cartographer class been in the game, he would have had some upgrades that allowed him to see more rooms and points of interest. Obviously this isn't the case though.

We'll probably have a max number of buffs a character can have at a given time. You'll likely be able to see the effects of buffs/debuffs in the status/perk screen. Red is negative, green is positive gray is neutral. Generally speaking, some of these status effects could be used to your advantage, whether considered negative or positive—just like any other RPG.

Yes, the counter in the middle is the number of uses. Indeed, the katana is broken.

Shields are now a type of item. You can increase the amount of shield pieces(whether by perks or the type of shield), but if you lose them all—you lose your shield permanently. You'll want to take extra care to replenish your shields now. You'll also need to block to use shield's, if I'm not mistaken. Makes things a bit of a challenge, for sure.
UI / UX Design at Pixelscopic. As for now, the forum stuff hates me and keeps demoting me to Early Access instead of a Pixelscopic team member. Don't worry though—I'm a legitimate employee.

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
  • The Dorothy to your Dark Oz
    • View Profile
    • 8:30 to Awesome
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »
Something Baker and I have been working on.

That is glorious.

Zillie

• Forgekeeper
  • (ZillieZephyr)
    • View Profile
    • visit Pixelscopic
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
Work in Progress. I feel like we need to drop at least one element. Thoughts? Observations?

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »
Work in Progress. I feel like we need to drop at least one element. Thoughts? Observations?

It looks great! Perhaps take out the Player 1-4 thing and just do it by color? I think most people would know what player they were just by color coding. Unless you're going to have Player 1-4 over their head in game?

Zillie

• Forgekeeper
  • (ZillieZephyr)
    • View Profile
    • visit Pixelscopic
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »

It looks great! Perhaps take out the Player 1-4 thing and just do it by color? I think most people would know what player they were just by color coding. Unless you're going to have Player 1-4 over their head in game?

Well, characters will have a sort of tint to their character when they're in multiplayer—however, I can't really rely on color alone, as colorblind people would still need to be considered..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:24:52 PM by Matthew »

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »

Well, characters will have a sort of tint to their character when they're in multiplayer—however, I can't really rely on color alone, as colorblind people would still need to be considered..

Oh, that is totally something I didn't put into consideration.

Quady14

• Lost Archivist of The Drop, Prone to Digression
  • Most Wize Sage
  • With A Buzz In Our Ears, We Play Endlessly
    • View Profile
    • Quadraxis14's Youtube
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »
Very nice!  ;D I'd love if it had a bit of a Towerfall vibe, maybe flash to a closer view of the character's face when selected or transition them to their in-game appearance, play a unique animation, something of that ilk.

I think the part that describes each character's loadout may not be necessary unless you'll be able to customize it. We should be able to tell from the character art what their main gear is, as seen with the Rogue, we can she she wields a short sword and a light shield, so it might be a little redundant and take up more space than necessary.

Also, and this could totally be a bad idea, but maybe instead of the arrows with generic font for each class just above the character portrait, maybe move the arrows on either side of the character portrait and give them some unique title cards where the current class name is? I guess that'd imply having to make a unique banner of some sort for each class which may be more work than it's worth just for a menu screen, may even be too distracting from the other elements of the interface, but as I'm imagining it in my head it could look nice. Just some thoughts.
(Name Contributor of Rauzdauer the Mulletworthy!)

Zillie

• Forgekeeper
  • (ZillieZephyr)
    • View Profile
    • visit Pixelscopic
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »
BACON!!!

Doomspeaker

• Hidden Metalwright
  • Prism Seer
  • The meanest Dolphin you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2014, 02:02:44 PM »
As responsible adults, I hope you include a "Fat" status effect now for eating too much bacon!
You can never eat enough bacon.

Sooner or later you'll have to explain what all the foods do as well. :D

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »
As responsible adults, I hope you include a "Fat" status effect now for eating too much bacon!
You can never eat enough bacon.

Sooner or later you'll have to explain what all the foods do as well. :D

It's for the Butcher

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.