Web of Spies
has a very good looking project thumbnail.The Black Glove
was not funded. I hope they find a publisher or return in 2015.http://i.imgur.com/tcIeg80.png
I was surprised this morning to see one of the graphs I assembled in Moon Hunters' post-mortem
I've been debating with myself about offering to help reboot two campaigns. I see both have buried potential, but both would be very large amounts of work to salvage because the presentations of both are very rough. I might only be able to focus on one of them.AfterimageReasons why:
- Two brothers. Reminds me of my brother and myself.
- Cyberpunk (I like cyberpunk
) and neo-noir.
- I played a lot of The Sims Bustin Out
for Game Boy Advance
, so I love the animations and isometric environments.
- Strong music tracks.
- Coding ability on team is not something I'm worried about.
- I see it as a sweat fulfilment project. These types usually get done eventually, but can take longer if not enough funds are raised.
- Relatively low goal.
- Potential for very cool looking animated GIFs.Reasons against:
- Almost a complete overhaul of the project page. It would be easier to reboot. It currently is very incomplete in its presentation.
- Better thumbnail. The current one is very bad at conveying information.
- Coherent pitch video needed.
- Images rescaled to fit the pixel width for the main body of the page.
- Built with XNA
. It creates obstacles against non-PC ports that take a lot of time to work around. I am a Linux gamer.
- Premise of cracking through video gaming would need to be careful handled. The Black Glove
is actually similar in gameplay in that minigames are used to progress.
- Marketing would be limited to smaller blogs until it gets enough momentum.
- I feel it is more niche with its subject matter. This could be both good and bad.
- In-game pop-ups look unfinished.
- May have to aim for a budget priced main reward tier. This will make covering funding distance harder.
- No playable demo that I know of.The Dark ThroneReasons why:
- Camera system described in update #1 is interesting idea to me.
- Tank controls. I've been watching Let's Plays from the Best Friends Zaibatsu
and they love games like this. I watched my brother play Dino Crisis
on his PS1
- Unity3d for easier porting.
- No QTE
s or cover system.
- Good animations. I like the cape.
- Lighting and aiming systems.
- Most potential for fun gameplay.
- Lack of backers makes it easier to redesign higher priced rewards. The current run could be salvaged, but is now getting late enough that it would have to be a reboot.Reasons against:
- The presentation leans too much towards the graphic filter. It is described as optional, but I did not see any material about what the game looks like with it turned off.
- World building project updates. Enemy variety shown so far is just skeletons. Needs more than just "The world of The Dark Throne is ravaged by the dark death and the only known cure lies deep in the dead city. Of all the champions who have made their way across the bridge, none have returned. Now it's your turn
- Goal is equivalent of $32,000. Flow of rewards is effectively dead. Pricing feels too high to hold a lot of momentum.
- New project thumbnail.
- Marketing. There is a playable demo, but access is at the £35 tier and won't happen until the campaign ends. I would have to push for a playable demo to be released. I don't know how rough the demo is.
- The sequence for how information is presented has problems. From experience, this type of problem would take a lot of work to fix like untangling a knotted yo-yo string.
- The scope is larger. This could mean failing to deliver even if it received funding.
- I do not have a sense of what the project creator's personality is like. This is an important factor.
I may end up helping neither and focus mostly on the new campaign from the Neverending Nightmares
developer and my Kickstarter guide. I still see both campaigns as good candidates to have before
snapshots like a reality TV makeover show. Anyone want to comment about which one they think would be better to salvage?