Author Topic: so what are you currently playing?  (Read 28755 times)

Doomspeaker

• Hidden Metalwright
  • Prism Seer
  • The meanest Dolphin you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
Re: so what are you currently playing?
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2013, 12:15:21 PM »
*gasp* tactics.

HERETIC! DOWN INTO THE KINECT-HELL WITH YOU!

Ryan Burrell

• Pixelscopic
  • Veteran
  • ...and here I write something witty about myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
*The flailing of my arms as I fall into the Pit is registered by the Ur-Kinect, summoning the End of Ages*

Pixelscopic Director of Technical Design

(i.e. I do a lot of stuff that doesn't fit under a convenient label)

Quady14

• Lost Archivist of The Drop, Prone to Digression
  • Most Wize Sage
  • With A Buzz In Our Ears, We Play Endlessly
    • View Profile
    • Quadraxis14's Youtube
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »
Just finished playing through Jamestown with a friend of mine. We had an absolute blast, very challenging game, and so, so much fun. It matched some of my personal favorite shoot em ups in terms of gameplay, and the setting was so outlandish yet unique, I immediately fell in love with it. The concept was bursting with as much personality as you can fit into a shoot em up (not much, but enough to be enjoyable) and it really embraced its world with some silly old-fashioned intro text starting off each level. If you enjoy shoot em ups, it's a great trip, and if you have some buds who you can gather for some local co-op, it rocks even harder to be able to bring down a tough boss with some good teamwork and high-five each other in triumph every time. I know me and my buddy did, after every single level, it was a good time! XD

Cool thing is that I looked up the company's website (Final Form Games) to read up on the developers, and they're another three-man team living in Philadelphia, which is pretty close to where I live. Seemed like some really cool guys, and they're currently working on their second game. After how solid Jamestown was, I think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for Final Form's next title :P
(Name Contributor of Rauzdauer the Mulletworthy!)

LobsterSundew

• Delver's Drop - Early Access Players
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Lobster's List for Kickstarter
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2013, 01:04:00 AM »
I've still been playing FTL. I should have backed it at a higher tier because of how much enjoyment I've gotten from it. Recently I've finally been able to score over 5,000 on two runs.

I need to finish the Zelda-like Ittle Dew. I tried the Ouya demo and bought it for Linux.

On Ouya I've been playing TowerFall and the charming little puzzle game Clark.

I'm waiting for the Steam keys from backing Forced and Volgarr the Viking. I finally will be playing Fez, assuming it will run well enough, now that it is making its Linux debut by being in a Humble Bundle.
Often a day 1 backer of Kickstarter projects.
http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/iankragh

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
  • The Dorothy to your Dark Oz
    • View Profile
    • 8:30 to Awesome
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
How did yo feel about Ittle Dew? I thought it was a little short for the asking price though the hand drawn art made it a little more understandable.

crinaya

• Forgekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
On Steam: Rogue Legacy. 

On PS3: Tales of Xillia

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2013, 05:43:33 AM »
Just finished playing through Jamestown with a friend of mine. We had an absolute blast, very challenging game, and so, so much fun. It matched some of my personal favorite shoot em ups in terms of gameplay, and the setting was so outlandish yet unique, I immediately fell in love with it. The concept was bursting with as much personality as you can fit into a shoot em up (not much, but enough to be enjoyable) and it really embraced its world with some silly old-fashioned intro text starting off each level. If you enjoy shoot em ups, it's a great trip, and if you have some buds who you can gather for some local co-op, it rocks even harder to be able to bring down a tough boss with some good teamwork and high-five each other in triumph every time. I know me and my buddy did, after every single level, it was a good time! XD

Cool thing is that I looked up the company's website (Final Form Games) to read up on the developers, and they're another three-man team living in Philadelphia, which is pretty close to where I live. Seemed like some really cool guys, and they're currently working on their second game. After how solid Jamestown was, I think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for Final Form's next title :P

It's a hilarious game for sure. I beat it on my own and it took...quite a while. Love me a bullet hell though. Glad to hear they're still making games, excited to see what they do next as well. Any title or anything?

Quady14

• Most Wize Sage
    • View Profile
    • Quadraxis14's Youtube
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
Nah, they were intentionally very vague with any and all details of their upcoming project. Within one post they codenamed their next game as both "A Zound of Zanzibars" and "Captain Jameson’s Pinata Disaster"

Both sound equally promising XD
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:34:39 AM by Quady14 »

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »
Most certainly. If it's anything even close to the same vein as Jamestown I'm on board. I feel like it had a storyline but it really didn't seem to matter much either. Did you also get the Gunpowder Treason DLC? Because the ships that gives you are amazing.

Quady14

• Most Wize Sage
    • View Profile
    • Quadraxis14's Youtube
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
Yes, I really love the Ghost ship, very interesting way to play, and managing your ghost adds a nice bit of depth and really helps dealing with enemies when they start coming from all sides of the screen.

Vasae

• The Trespasser
  • Prism Seer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »
Ghost was the only way I could beat the game. You can cheese the first half of the end boss if you set it up right to have all it's bullets land on one half of the thing. I really liked the idea of the other two actual ships but just don't know how to use them.

Quady14

• Most Wize Sage
    • View Profile
    • Quadraxis14's Youtube
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
From playing with my friend in co-op I saw that Powder could do massive damage with his barrel shots. Treason was nice for his lock on missiles but I didn't find him as interesting to play as the other two. Of the 4 main ships I found that the Gunner ship was my best option since I really enjoyed being able to aim my main shot stream. Charge was cool but felt difficult to manage and Bomber just felt lackluster (and Beam was your average expected ship, good all-around but not too unique) so the other ships were welcome for some extra variety.

Still haven't gotten enough points to afford that plot-changing upgrade in the shop though. I imagine it repurposes the story for the DLC ships to give them some background though.

LobsterSundew

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Lobster's List for Kickstarter
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
How did yo feel about Ittle Dew? I thought it was a little short for the asking price though the hand drawn art made it a little more understandable.

I paid around $6 for Ittle Dew when it was in an indie bundle. The normal retail price of around $14 feels a bit high for its amount of content. I would recommend picking up if you like top-down perspective Zelda games, but wait for a something like a Steam summer sale.
Often a day 1 backer of Kickstarter projects.
http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/iankragh

Stadler

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »
Has anyone had a chance to hop into the new Terraria update on PC? Amazing additions so far with lot's of new content

Doomspeaker

• Hidden Metalwright
  • Prism Seer
  • The meanest Dolphin you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
Has anyone had a chance to hop into the new Terraria update on PC? Amazing additions so far with lot's of new content

I've spend some time with it and it's quite lovely. They added all kinds of cool items and alternative versions.

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.